The order is for a Zenith 400 Helical Profile Grinder – a model launched by Holroyd Precision Ltd. at EMO Hannover 2011 and the company’s first machine to embrace all three grinding technologies: aluminium oxide, ‘diamond hard’ plated CBN (cubic boron nitride) and vitrified, dressable CBN.
A longstanding customer of Holroyd Precision Ltd., the organisation concerned specialises in the manufacture of refrigeration compressors for bulk food storage and industrial refrigeration and already uses several Holroyd machines.
These comprise a 350mm diameter TG series rotor grinding machine that was supplied in 2002 and four milling machines that date back to the 1990s. The new Zenith model will be commissioned in January 2013.
Wide diameter capability
With its 420mm diameter grinding capability, the Zenith 400 has the capacity to precision-grind some of the very largest screw compressor rotors produced by the refrigeration specialist, all while providing the flexibility to use tooling from Holroyd’s existing range of grinding machines, as well as tooling from other manufacturers.
“We were delighted to be asked to supply a new Zenith model to this customer,” comments Holroyd Precision Sales Manager, Steven Benn. “Throughout our long association with the business, they have been firm advocates of the quality, precision and reliability offered by our rotor grinding technologies.”
About the Zenith 400
The introduction of the Zenith 400 Helical Profile Grinder represents a whole new generation of grinding technology and capacity for Holroyd Precision Ltd., a company with a reputation for producing the world’s most accurate rotors, gears, threads plus ultra-precision components.
Encompassing advanced innovations and a new control system incorporating development and production software, Zenith models have been designed to suit all user requirements, in either research and development or mass production.
Key features of Zenith 400 Helical Profile Grinding Machines include:
· Vitrified Al O2, vitrified CBN and plated CBN grinding wheel options
· Accelerated set-up, with fully automated grinding wheel balancing system
· Powerful, menu-driven touch screen programming
· High stock removal rates, aggressive semi-finishing and precision fine finishing
· Holroyd’s unique on-board 3D CMM component scanning probe with full automatic compensation feedback
· High speed spindles and advanced in-process dressing systems to maintain profile accuracy and keep the grinding wheel in optimum condition
· Complete integration with automated parts handling systems
For more press information, please contact:
Neil Jones – Group Business Development Director, PTG
Tel: + 44 (0) 1706 526 590