Every year we also look to take on a number of young people, developing their skills through a strong, engineering-based apprenticeship programme that typically takes four years to complete.
From producing the world’s most accurate helical rotors, gears and threads to pioneering friction stir welding techniques for numerous industries and applications, we’re a force to be reckoned with.
Do you have what it takes to join us?
Current career opportunities
To find out more about any of the opportunities listed below, email firstname.lastname@example.org, listing the career(s) you are interested in and enclosing a letter of interest and an up-to-date CV. Each role attracts an excellent salary and benefits package.
Control System Software Engineer – full time, Milnrow
Our world-class rotor milling, rotor grinding and friction stir welding machines simplify the most complex manufacturing processes. Joining us as a Control System Software Engineer, you will write, maintain, commission and test our machine control software. Although you’ll work primarily with Siemens 840D CNC, it is essential that you are also fluent in Siemens S7, TIA, Safety and WinCC, and are able to support Bosch Indramat, Fanuc and our in-house controls, as well as legacy machines. Involved in process design, risk assessment and creating functional specifications, you will provide technical support and carry out machine commissioning. You will also be prepared to travel within the UK and overseas as required.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer – full time, Milnrow
We are looking for a highly motivated, HND/HNC or degree-qualified Mechanical Design Engineer who can demonstrate a broad range of skills and produce detailed designs for the manufacture of special purpose machinery. As the successful candidate, you will be fully conversant with the latest standards, codes, Health & Safety requirements and emerging metal-cutting technologies. Experience in the design of multi-axis machine technology will also be highly advantageous. A Blue-Sky thinker with a strong understanding of engineering principles, you’ll possess the confidence to translate conceptual ideas into detailed mechanical designs. Methodical in your approach, you’ll demonstrate exceptional attention to detail and be a self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will have sound experience of working with CAD packages and, ideally, knowledge of using an MRP system.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing mechanical design solutions for complex special purpose machinery
- Interpreting concepts and transferring these to design models
- Leading engineering design projects to programme and to budget
- Leading meetings and motivating others to achieve project milestones
- Completing complex assembly and detailed manufacturing drawings using 3D CAD (experience of Solid Edge/SolidWorks would be an advantage)
- Preparing Bill of Materials following final design
- Liaising with Procurement to ensure accurate and timely component sourcing
- Liaising with Manufacturing and Production Engineering to ensure accurate machine build
Machine Tool Fitter – full time, Milnrow
Due to increasing sales and product diversification, we are looking for a skilled machine tool fitter/tool maker. Ideally you will be apprentice-trained (Mechanical), preferably with an HNC qualification and extensive experience in the build /assembly or maintenance of complex, multi-axis, precision engineered machinery. Once fully trained in the build of our machinery, you will have an opportunity to travel internationally as a member of our installation team, so flexibility and a willingness to travel is essential.
Key skills include:
- Building sub-assemblies from component level, following drawings and schematics
- Working to tight tolerances (less than 10 microns), with an eye for detail and quality finish
- Experience in the use of measuring tools
- Ability to hand scrape, deburr and mottle
- Experience of working on complex machine builds or maintenance of heavy machinery
- Experience with hydraulics and/or pneumatics would be advantageous, as would working with bearing assemblies, gears and alignment of machines
Accounts Assistant – full time, Milnrow
This is a new and exciting role, brought about by increasing sales and service expansion. As the successful applicant, you’ll have a minimum of four years’ experience spent working in a busy finance department – preferably with knowledge of an engineering or manufacturing environment. You will have had exposure to managing international account receivables/payables, credit control, monitoring customer trading terms and raising high-value invoices. With either accounting qualification(s) or equivalent experience, you’ll demonstrate a good knowledge of accounting procedures and standards. Experience of working with an MRP or ERP system will be a strong advantage.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining/updating the status of account receivables and payables
- Working closely with the Customer Service Department to ensure compliance with trade and payment agreements
- Completing credit control for high-value international accounts, with an appreciation of currency differences and language barriers
- Raising stage invoices for high-value machine sales
- Completing cash book and VAT reconciliation
- Supporting audit compliance
- Support Payroll Manager with payroll processing (training provided)
- Supporting fellow colleagues with month- and year-end processing/general finance tasks