In fact, whether it’s designing and building the world’s finest rotor milling and grinding machines, creating Powerstir friction stir welding machine (FSW) technologies for automotive, aviation and high-speed rail applications – or manufacturing ultra-precise helical components – we set the quality standard.
Committed to the advancement of screw rotor behaviour, metrology, design and manufacture, we are Platinum sponsors (and active participants) of the biennial International Conference on Compressors and their Systems, run in association with the Centre for Compressor Technology at City, University of London.
Our development of the Holroyd Profile Management System (HPMS) software tool has provided our customers with an industry-leading suite of programs for the development and manufacturing control of a wide range of helical profiles, including the optimisation of real-world meshing conditions and compressor performance.
Our unique, fully automated on-board profile scanning systems, embracing Renishaw’s advanced probing technologies, help ensures precise results – without the need for highly skilled operators.
Dedicated to providing our customers with a comprehensive choice of control solutions, we offer high-precision helical rotor production centres with either complete control technologies from Fanuc or Siemens, or our own Holroyd CNC system partnered with Bosch motors and Bosch Rexroth digital drives. We have also developed a unique ‘Holroyd’ HMI.
Never content to rest on their laurels, our Research & Development teams use their considerable expertise to help customers develop the quality new products and components that lead to success in new and existing markets.
Adhering to a rigorous quality management system, we ensure that:
- Every PTG customer’s Intellectual Property (IP) is respected and protected
- All PTG companies are ISO9001:2015 accredited
- All PTG Holroyd and Powerstir machines are CE compliant
- All measuring equipment used is calibrated and traceable to national standards
- All PTG machines and components pass rigorous Quality Assurance checks
- All PTG divisions have defined processes and procedures that are audited and adhered to
- All PTG suppliers are regularly monitored and undergo strict approval checks
- The performance of all PTG key suppliers is continually monitored and analysed to ensure they always comply with, and preferably exceed, their contractual obligations. This process enables us to further develop and strengthen our supply chain.